Kangaroo Facts - Chewy Rooey Launch
With the launch of our latest product Chewy Rooey, we wanted to share some interesting facts about kangaroo meat
With the exciting launch of our latest product line Chewy Rooey, we wanted to take a moment to share some interesting facts about kangaroo meat with you all.
Did you know that Kangaroo meat is Open Range Meat? What is open range meat you may ask; open range meat refers to animals which are not farmed and harvested in their own environment. Kangaroos exist over extensive pastoral areas of Australia therefore kangaroo meat is never exposed to human intervention, antibiotics, added growth hormones or added chemicals. Which makes Kangaroo meat one of the cleanest meats around to eat.
Here are some other great nutritional facts about Kangaroo meat:
- ENERGY: Kangaroo meat has a kilojoule content that compares favourably to other lean red meats.
- PROTEIN: Kangaroo meat is a terrific source of high-quality protein.
- FAT: Kangaroo meat is impressively low in fat, with less than 2% fat. What’s more, it’s low in ‘undesirable’ saturated fats.
- OMEGA-3: Kangaroo meat is a source of heart-friendly omega-3’s.
- CLA: Kangaroo meat naturally contains Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) – yet another bonus for our wellbeing.
- MINERALS: Kangaroo meat is a particularly good source of the ‘must-have’ minerals iron and zinc.
- VITAMINS: Kangaroo meat is a good source of valuable B-group vitamins, including Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin.
The practise of harvesting kangaroo meat is governed by the Australian Government to find out more about this click here.